Quick Scroll To:
- SEDRIS: What
- Discusses what SEDIS is, and what SEDRIS is not. Describes the two
key aspects of SEDRIS, and how SEDRIS is sometimes confused with some of
the applications that it serves. Also discusses the SEDRIS objectives.
- History &
- Discusses the history and development philosophy in SEDRIS. Describes
the tough problems that SEDRIS addresses, and SEDRIS concepts.
- Discusses the make up of SEDRIS -- the five SEDRIS technology components.
Introduces and describes each technology component.
- SEDRIS Standardization
- Discusses the development of SEDRIS Standards. Describes the role of
standards in infrastructure technologies, and the process through which
SEDRIS technologies are being standardized through ISO/IEC and SISO.
- Discusses creating environmental databases for use in real-time networked
interactive simulation. Describes what constitutes an environmental database,
applications using environmental data, and contraints on (and the steps
to make) environmental databases. Also addresses tradeoffs, the effects
of networking, and interoperability and interchange.
- The Gap SEDRIS
- Answers the question: Why SEDRIS? by discussing the gap that
SEDRIS fills. Describes trends impacting environmental data, open standards
for commercial growth, and the concept of more interoperability through
- SEDRIS: Meeting
- Answers the question: What if SEDRIS doesn't meet my need? by
discussing that there is always room for improvement, and describing improvement
processes/procedures available through SEDRIS Change Requests (SCRs) and
- SEDRIS: Application
- Discusses using SEDRIS in your applications. Describes how individual
SEDRIS technology components have been used by others, internationally.
- SEDRIS in
- Discusses the application of SEDRIS in non-modeling and simulation
(M&S) domains. Describes how SEDRIS is designed to meet such needs,
stressing the point that representation of environmental data is fundamentally
the same, regardless of how such data is applied in different fields or
used in different applications.
- Getting More
- Discusses where to get more information on SEDRIS. Also directs you
to information regarding how to become a SEDRIS Associate.
Return to: Top of this
- Take the SEDRIS
- Challenges you to test your SEDRIS IQ by providing a list of questions
prepared from the material provided in this "About SEDRIS" section.